Beef on the Bone
- In stock
- Inventory on the way
Grass-fed, free-range, gm-free. Hung on the bone for a minimum of 3 weeks for maximum flavour and tenderness.
All our meat is free-range and from the highest welfare standards.
Weight: Medium: 2.2kg, Large: 3.4kg, Extra Large: 5kg
Serves: Medium: 4-6, Large: 6-10, Extra Large: 14+
• Take beef out of fridge 4/6 hours before cooking.
• Once at room temperature pre heat oven to 18oc fan assisted.
• Season beef with salt and pepper. Seal and colour beef in a pan with a good knob of butter and a dash of veg oil.
• Place beef on a bed of roughly chopped celery, thyme, carrot and onions and roast.
• Roasting time depends more on width of beef than weight.
• 2 bone rib would be 1.30/1.45 mins approximately.
• Allow 30/45 mins to rest beef after cooking. While resting take pan with roasted vegetables and juices and add a jar of lewis beef stock and a glass or two of red wine. Place pan on the hob and scrape bottom of pan with a wooden spoon. Reduce liquid a little and then put through a sieve for the perfect gravy.